Monday, October 12, 2009

You know what grinds my gears

Today, I am going to talk about one of the many things that frustrate me in a post called "You Know What Grinds my Gears."

You Know What Grinds my Gears:
  

    People who do not listen to what another person has to say regardless of the information presented to them. For instance, let's say if you were to tell someone that the sky is blue and the other person said no because they were told that the sky is red.  You, being generous, try to show the other person the reasons why the sky is blue through science. Yet, that other person continually persists that what he/she heard was right and that you are wrong because that person heard it from someone who claims that he is smarter than anyone.

    So, being the bigger person, you figure that it's better to just walk away from the "conversation" rather than argue with an idiot who simply wants to prove that he/she is right all the time. Frankly, I think that either walking away or presenting the facts as they are is a much better alternative to getting into a screaming match with someone who just wants attention.

If only other people would get the message,  but sadly, it seems some people would rather spend time fighting with another person until that one person gives up.

Oftentimes, I ask myself  "Whatever happened to having a decent debate where people could just talk about the issues and offer solutions in a calm and pleasant manner?"

Then I ask " Can't we all just get along?"

No comments: