Monday, October 12, 2009

My thoughts

I have always wondered what life would be like if people learned to accept another person's opinion. I am noticing this trend in both in the entertaiment industry and politics where if you disagree with an opinion that most regard as fact, you are treated as an outcast and consequently ridiculed.


   What is sad is that our society has gotten to the point where arguing about who's opinion is right and who is wrong seems to be an obsession for just about everyone involved.

Sometimes, I wish that we as a nation could go back to a time where you could have a decent debate. After which, you and that other person would agree to disagree , shake hands and go their seperate ways.

It doesn't have to be like this but unless we learn to accept another person's opinion, it will lead to more screaming matches.


   There are days when I look at the news from CNN snd MSNBC and I ask myself "Is there a place for journalistic integrity, and if so, where is it?"

It just bothers me that there are people that work in those organizations are so willing to characterize their "opposition" in a demeaning fashion. But when they are presented with actual facts, they are either speechles or they would resort to childish name-calling.

Will things ever change?

Only time will tell.










No comments: